It has been a busy week again for WordPress 2.5, the changes this week were:
- Addition of extra capabilities checks to the xmlrpc code (#5313).
- New filters for
- Addition of a key on
comment_approved,comment_dateto speed up the
get_lastcommentmodified()mysql queries (#5773).
- Introduction of
- More portable and extensible database structure (#4778).
- Renaming of
is_front_page()to avoid conflict with bbPress (#3682).
- Changes to make RSS 2.0 comment feed GUIDs immutable (#5072).
- New redirect_canonical filter to allow a plugin to cancel a redirect (#5766).
- Introduction of a new pluggable
get_avatar()function which defaults to using gravatar (#5775).
- Changes to add the
post_passwordto the WXR export file so that the posts are still protected after import (#4376).
- Update to jQuery 1.2.3 ().
- Introduction of a new meta box api for adding boxes to the write pages (#5798).
- Introduction of the ability to have random post ordering (#4617).
- Reversion to full content, including content after the more tag, for feeds (#2582).
- A more informative error message when theme files are not writeable (#5783).
- Removal of
gzip_compression(). Leave it to the server to handle (#4342).
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.