It has been another busy week for WordPress 2.4, the changes this week have included:
- Extraction of metadata from uploaded images (#5162).
- Performance improvements to
- Refactoring and improvements to actions and filters including the ‘all‘ hook (#5321, #5232).
- Performance improvements in some of the sanitisation functions when called for the raw data (#5235).
- Changes to ensure that WordPress does not reset to the default theme when a site is under heavy access (#3907).
- Introduction of a new
get_category_feed_link()template tag to make it easy to use a different feed type for categories (#5173).
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.