This week has seen a number of changes going into WordPress 2.4, these have included:
- More work on the to switch to
- Switch to jquery for all list-manipulation within the admin pages (#4805).
- The addition of more $wpdb methods –
$wpdb->updateto further sanitize and abstract the SQL queries (#5178).
- The addition of a new template function
is_page_template()to allow theme authors to have conditional output dependant on which page template they are in (#3335).
- Elimination of the remaining global variables caching data that should be stored in the object cache (#5128).
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.