January 21, 2008 11 Comments
It has been a busy week again for WordPress 2.5, the changes this week were:
- Changes to the blogger importer to have a better statement of requirements (#5220).
- Updates to
get_sidebar()to allow for multiple named sidebars (#5615).
- Removal of the redundant and slow check on
$nowin the SQL queries in
- Changes to the url sanitisation to allow for parenthesis (#5668).
- Fixes to
url_to_postid()to ensure it doesn’t mangle the url it is trying to match (#5661).
- Refactoring of the admin code to make the
WP_User_Searchclass available to plugin authors (#5111).
- Changes to
wp_tag_cloud()to ensure that it returns the array if
'format=array'is specified (#5155).
- Extensions to the html tags and attributes that kses will allow in posts (#5617).
- Upgrade of the jQuery library to 1.2.2 (#5492).
- Improvements to the plugin error detection code to ensure that the errors are correctly displayed (#5673, #5658).
- Documentation updates for
- Initial migration to TinyMCE v3.0 RC1 (#5674).
- New functionality to allow for editing of post slugs within there permalink context (#5679).
- Addition of more
do_actioncalls to the xmlrpc functions (#5686).
- Changes to the APP implementation to ensure that timestamps can be updated on already published posts (#5680).
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.