December 2, 2007 18 Comments
It has been a busier week for WordPress 2.4, the changes this week were:
- Use of ‘Log in’ instead of ‘Login’ for verb form (#5296).
- Modifications to the way in which the login process determines if it is handling a POST request (#5365).
- Addition of a
get_user_by_email()function and clean up for the other
- Correct support for mt_allow_comments to cover all possible values (#5366).
- When posting by email, publish only if user has publish caps, otherwise set status to pending (#4642).
- Changes to the hashing function used when storing the users password in the database (#2394).
The last change means that the next time you login the value stored in the database will change – this means that if you do upgrade passed this point reverting back to an old version will invalidate all users passwords and they will need reseting. Therefore it is a good idea to backup up your users table before updating to the latest trunk.
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.