It has been a busy week again for WordPress 2.4, the changes this week were:
- Addition of a new filter for the attributes in the html link generated by
- Support for Atom Threading Extensions (#5434).
- The addition of documentation for the deprecated functions (#5444).
- Layout and usability improvements to the comment moderation page ().
- Saving of tags when auto-saving (#5359).
- Completion of the documentation for the taxonomy api (#4742).
- Performance improvements for pages (#3614, #5303, #5458).
- Improvements to the wxr exporter and importer (#5456, #5454, #5466).
- Fixes to register_sidebars to allow multiple sidebars to be registered correctly (#5352).
- Addition of a new filter called
the_content_exportfor the post content when exporting (#5456).
- Introduction of a pluggable function for random password generation (#5401).
- Changes to the login cookie format to make it more secure (#5367).
- Suppression of database error messages by default (#5473).
If you would like to read more about the new cookie format then Ryan has written an excellent post – “Secure Cookies and Passwords”
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.