WordPress weekly digest 21st January to 27th January 2008
January 27, 2008 4 Comments
It has been a busy week again for WordPress 2.5, the changes this week were:
- Performance improvement to the outgoing trackback processing code. (#5699).
- Refactoring of the code in
wp-login.phpto pull it out into re-usable functions (#5405).
- Improvements to the APP implementation to handle updated timestamps correctly (#5680).
- Improved usability when selecting which name should be displayed publicly for a user (#5508).
- Ensure that the global
$postis restored when the query is reset (#5439).
- Improvements to the caching of post-meta to ensure that the cache is correctly invalidated (#5718).
- Changes to the IP address sanitisation code so as to allowIPv6 addresses as well (#4579).
- The beginnings of a new uploader ().
- A new Manage -> Tags interface (#5684).
- Bumping of the PHP version required to 4.3 (#5416).
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.