WordPress weekly digest 31st December 2007 to 6th January 2008
January 8, 2008 12 Comments
It has been a busy week again for WordPress
2.4 2.5, the changes this week were:
- Separation of cookie generation from cookie setting by introduce
- Changes to allow filtering the view of available themes based on theme tags (#5545).
- Improvements in the WXR importer to defer post comment counting during importing (#5557).
- Allow translation of calendar caption (#5562).
- Introduction of a new xmlrpc method
- New API for setting a posts “type” (#4844).
- Addition of a separator location argument to
wp_title()to allow for changing the ordering of the output – effectively integrating the popular Optimal Title plugin (#4407).
- Removal of the file based persistence of the WordPress object cache (#5570).
- Introduction of auto-suggest for tag entering ().
- phpdoc for
registration.php(#5511, #5578, #5590 and #4383,).
- File level phpdoc for a whole raft of files (#5572).
- A new interface for selecting which widgets you want on which sidebar (#5583).
- Changes to the dual visual/code editors to remember which one you used last (#3978).
As you will have probably read elsewhere the next major WordPress version will v2.5 as is to be released in March.
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.