This week has seen a number of changes going into WordPress 2.4, these have included:
- A refactor of the plugin (de)activation functionality so as to enable unit tests to be written (#5210).
- Lots of new and updated phpdoc documentation for different areas of the code. (#4742, #5225).
- Addition of Atom support to the RSD document to enable easy discovery of it’s support (#5213).
- A refactor of the Atom publication and feed code to share common functionality (#5181).
- Improvements to the email address extraction in
- A security fix to the link manager to ensure that only uses with the manage_links capability can add/remove/edit links (#4627).
The security fix above will be included in the upcoming 2.3.1 bug fix release for v2.3. For more information of the upcoming 2.3.1 release and information on the beta release please read Ryans post – “WordPress 2.3.1 Beta 1“
For even more information on some of the other little changes that went in this week you can read the whole weekly trac timeline.